4.09.2010

Left the restaurant hungry!!!

Well, I don't think I have EVER left a restaurant HUNGRY..... UNTIL TONIGHT.
We tried Deanies but I guess since the Republican Party is in New Orleans, there were way too many democrats sitting outside of Deanies. There was a 45 minute wait. I had emailed one of the owners to see if she could get us a table but she didn't respond so we went to Landry's on the lake. The setting was beautiful, the lake like glass, and the sunset quite spectacular. The waiter just didn't seem to understand fish straight up-- no salt, no marinade, nuttin honey! We finally decided on the redfish and as he was leaving, he asked if a little cornmeal on the fish would be okay. So, I went over it again-no salt, no marinade, just fish grilled. I think he brought me just plain salmon grilled and delicious.. But it was a very small piece and I must say that it was quite hard to not eat the smothered green beans and dirty rice that accompanied the salmon. I had maybe two green beans so I think I was pretty strong. Now, mind you, there were appetizers on the table of fried green tomatoes with crabmeat sauce and crab claws. They looked yummy but I would not know for sure. Yeah me! Oh, I can't forget the sparkling water I consumed as my husband (who could stand to lose a pound or two himself) enjoyed a fruity alcoholic beverage as the sunset over Lake Ponchatrain. Did I mention that he also had enjoyed a hurricane and a daiquiri at the French Quarter Festival? Oh well maybe i will be able to hide behind him in Italy. So I consider my dinner out to be a success. We went to pick Jeffrey and his friend up at the dance (he probably would not want me to say, but he met a new Madeleine), brought Chase home and I immediately had my peanut butter protein bar and some h2o. Going online to order some stuff for the upcoming days. Ready for the next stage. On the way home my husband (who said no vacations this year) was talking about a cruise his friend invited us to go on with them on July 4th. I don't think we are going, but the thought that I could lose a boatload of weight before that date made me put this in prospective. It is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! I know that was hard! They could'nt bring you some plain grilled veggies? I'm not gonna lie- going out is the hardest part huh? I would try to stick with the restaurants that can accomidate you- maybe come up with a list of places- that can make things dry grilled for you. Don't forget to bring your own spices and pat of butter. Donnie tried to find the little pats of butter at BJ's but couldn't . I think I will check costco, because next time I order a filet at Longhorn I will have a 1/2 baked potato with it! I'll bet Dragos would be able to fix things right for you. However, I don't see oysters on the list. Probably too much salt. But they have other fish on the menu right? Eye on the prize: shopping for new clothes because darn it if the ones in my closet don't fit anymore!
    Let's use our Saints slogan, it worked for them: Finish Strong!

    ReplyDelete